National Family Support Network
Bereavement Support Service
Location: Based mainly in Dublin 1
Renumeration: €25.00 per hour, 20 hours per week
Consultant will be responsible for their own tax affairs as this is a CONSULTANCY POSITION.
Consultant will not be direct PAYE employee of the NFSN
Brief for Consultant
The consultant will be responsible for the development, coordination and promotion of the Bereavement Support Service for the National Family Support Network (NFSN). The consultant will work directly with family members who have experienced a death through substance misuse through providing outreach, one-to-one information and advocacy and supporting their participation in the delivery of the Service. The consultant will work in collaboration with NFSN staff and report directly to and liaise with the CEO. The consultant will adhere to the ethos and policies of the NFSN and deliver the work through the operating principles of community development.
Please see attachment for further details on this CONSULTANCY POSITION.
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline (Social Care, Community Work, Family Support) *a third level qualification may not be necessary in lieu of relevant training completed and relevant direct experience with families
- Training in a therapeutic intervention which supports families and/or openness to become an accredited practitioner in the 5-Step Method
- Experience working with families affected by substance misuse and the issues which they present to include a deep understanding of drug related bereavement and its impact on families, drug related debts/intimidation, kinship care, child protection.
- Experience of managing own work plan, working on own initiative and demonstrating excellent time management skills
- High level understanding and experience of the importance of confidentiality when working with families
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
If you are interested in applying for this consultancy position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 28.02.2020
PLEASE ENTER “BSS WORKER” IN SUBJECT BOX
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 28th February 2020