The Wheel is Ireland’s national association of community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises. We are a representative voice and a supportive resource that offers advice, training, influence and advocacy for the sector. Visit www.wheel.ie for more information.
With over 1,700 members, we are the largest representative body for the sector.
Our focus is to help make Ireland a more fair and just place for all by strengthening the capacity and capability of community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises.
We are driven by our vision of a thriving community and voluntary sector at the heart of a fair and just Ireland.
The breadth of our training offering and the scale of our support services makes us a valuable and value-driven resource for small and large organisations alike.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the office switchboard, with support from others on the office administration team, responding & directing & recording in our Client Relationships Management (CRM) system, Salesforce, as required
- Lead on event logistics including:
- Booking venues for events
- Organising logistics for events – room set up, welcoming and registration, refreshments, technical supports, liaising with speakers, sending event reminder and post evaluations
- Update Salesforce campaigns to capture event attendee details
- Update the CRM system where necessary in relation to updates/query tracking etc.
- Produce board & sub-group materials and distribute as required; undertake the administration support associated with The Wheel membership, including the AGM and any EGMs, and any additional board/member official meetings
- Coordinate meetings with 3rd parties and with the board, as requested, and working with The Wheel admin team, organise room bookings, room set up, teas & coffees, bringing people to the room, clearing the room after the meeting and anything else that may be required
- With The Wheel admin team, provide general admin support to other Directors as required.
- Provide logistical support to members of the wider team in relation to the regional membership programme
- Co-ordinate the post to and from the office
- Working with the relevant staff to support large mailshot projects, liaising with fulfilment house
- Ensure there are the appropriate levels of publications, marketing materials, catering, cleaning, stationery, and other supplies, necessary for the office
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean & tidy, with The Wheel admin team, and that the cleaner is doing their work
- Ensure cost efficiencies in relation to office running costs, where relevant
- Ensure that all internal meeting co-ordination i.e. room bookings, catering, liaising with Amnesty reception, is effectively managed
- Manage building issues with Amnesty and The Wheel’s Director of Finance
- Co-ordinate the storage of documents externally for the organisation
- As required, providing agreed level of holiday cover for The Wheel admin team
- Carry out such other duties and or projects as the Director of Programmes may determine, consistent with the overall purpose of the post.
- To actively protect The Wheel’s integrity through honesty, sincerity and service to its members whilst promoting nationally the benefits of association with The Wheel.
Please see Recruitment Pack attached below.
How to Apply
Applications only on The Wheel’s official application form to Sinead Vaughan at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating clearly the role that is being applied for. Only those who complete the application form will be considered for the position.
Closing date for applications: Friday 31st January 2020.
Shortlisting will apply in terms of a first interview, which is currently scheduled to take place on Wednesday 12th February 2020.