POSITION: Chief Executive Officer
REPORTING TO: The Chairperson of the Board
LOCATION: 120 Drumcondra Road Upper, Dublin 9
Enclude is an Irish charity which enables charities to achieve greater impact through digital transformation. We provide appropriate and cost-effective IT consultancy, services and solutions to non-profits to allow them achieve their goals and increase their impact. Enclude’s current mission is to grow in scale, scope, impact and influence. It is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation in this mission.
- Lead Enclude in designing, creating and implementing successful Information Systems (IS) strategies to meet non-profit sectoral, sub-sectoral and client needs in order to increase social impact thus reducing poverty and social exclusion in society.
- Deliver on the Board’s strategy and assist in the development and implementation of future strategy.
- Ensure the continued ability of Enclude to provide IS solutions, implementation, support and guidance to the non-profit sector, non-profit sub-sectors and our charity clients to measurably increase their social impact.
- Ensure that the on-going operational management of Enclude is carried out to the highest standards.
- Develop Enclude’s culture and overall vision and ensure participation of, and agreement by, staff and stakeholders with Enclude’s direction
- Provide a well-run, highly effective management of Enclude, including continuous improvement based on review, reflection and learning.
- Diversify and increase our income base, by growing Enclude’s reach beyond Ireland and seeking funding opportunities from government grants, philanthropy and foundations.
- Strengthen and develop our relationships with key bodies, including supervisory, regulatory at the national and EU level, and individuals and advocate for change.
- Follow up effectively on our first strategic impact assessment including using it to communicate and advocate for increased recognition.
- Focus on ongoing delivery of strategically orientated services and products.
- Co-ordinating and managing all aspects of Enclude’s work.
- Putting in place annual operational plans that will deliver on strategic imperatives and actions.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key funding agencies and others which ensure their ongoing support and commitment to Enclude’s mission.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring financial plans and budgets, in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
- Monitor and manage asset and capital allocation and usage.
- Being aware of and ahead of the curve regarding information management and application to the not for profit sector, that will increase effectiveness and impact.
- Recruiting and managing the senior staff.
- Performing the duties of the Company Secretary role.
- Reporting and being accountable to board in Board meetings and other review structures.
- Providing support and information to the Board to enable it perform its roles and responsibilities.
- Developing and presenting policy positions on MIS capacity, especially in its capacity to increase service quality and service delivery data, relating to the community and voluntary sector.
- Representing the organisation to the media and giving interviews and acting as the Enclude’s official spokesperson
- Carrying out other duties as are required from time to time.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Higher education appropriate to high level complex management. Substantial experience may substitute for qualification.
- Senior management experience in a substantial organisation.
- Experience with the non-profit sector, in either a professional or voluntary capacity.
- A proven capacity to understand and use MIS systems effectively.
- Financial and commercial astuteness and diligence in seeking and identifying additional opportunities for income generation.
- Experience of managing a consultancy type business.
- Strong networks with tech, business and state agents and bodies.
- A proven capacity to build and lead a team towards delivery of goals, establish frameworks for holding people to account and foster a high-performing culture.
- Knowledge of and empathy with Enclude’s culture and ethos.
- Combine integrity and pragmatism with a passionate commitment to Enclude, its mission, vision and values.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills, both written and oral.
- Expertise at strategic technology level i.e. management information systems.
- Degree level qualification in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience of designing and implementing CRM type database technology.
- A track record of building, implementing and delivering strategic vision.
- Experience with business development, especially with developing relationships with government agencies.
- Financially literate with a proven record of strategic, operational and financial planning.
- Knowledge of service provision in the charity and/or not-for-profit sectors.
- Experience of working with and reporting to Trustees/Boards.
- Have the passion, positivity, dynamism and courage to lead Enclude forward and take the risks needed to reach its potential.
- Have a capacity to live the spirit, culture and passionate self-giving associated with Enclude.
- Be tenacious, resilient, enthusiastic, agile and flexible with a results focused approach.
- Value integrity, responsibility, and accountability.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive, effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Enjoy communications with external parties.
- Able to communicate Enclude’s technology vision.
- Able to assist with product and service sales.
- Have the resilience to take on the challenges, and resistance to change, in and outside the sector, to our charity to charity delivery model.
- Able to promote an interdisciplinary approach to align Information Systems with charity management reality.
- Well organised and inspirational manager – an effective delegator and team-worker.
- Decisive, able to make decisions and carry through on them.
- Multitasker who can allocate tasks while ensuring delivery of strategy and service.
- Able to identify and address problems/issues/concerns/gaps and opportunities.
- Create a working environment that promotes excellent performance.
Contract: Permanent, full-time position
Deadline: 17th February 2020 or until position is filled
All applicants should have the legal right to live and work in Ireland before applying for this position.
Please submit a CV with a cover letter indicating your suitability for the role and motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enclude is an equal opportunities employer.