National Operations Manager
Reporting: The post holder will report to the CEO
Contract: Fixed term Contract 3 Years
Hours: 28 hours per week (over 4 days)
Location: Maynooth, Co Kildare
Salary: €51,852 for 4 days
The post of National Operations Manager is a new post in Shine.
The holder of this post is responsible through the relevant Team Leaders, for the development, delivery and evaluation of the following services in accordance with the strategic vision of the organisation:
- The regional and national programmes of Shine including the development team, resource services, counselling services, the National Stigma Reduction Service (See Change) and the Media Support Programme (Headline).
- The delivery of high quality, person centred and recovery orientated services
- Identification and development of innovative programmes or campaigns in line with Shine’s strategic plan.
- Identification of funding sources in relation to new or continuing relevant programmes and new services in line with Shine’s Strategic plan and in conjunction with the CEO and other relevant managers.
- Management of all programme staff through Team leaders and Coordinators and in conjunction with the Head of Human Resources and other relevant managers.
General Managerial Functions
- Provide oversight and direction to Team Leaders and Co-ordinators in their day to day roles and in the development and completion of annual operational and development plans and outcomes.
- Identification of staff learning and development in line with their relevant functions and in conjunction with other managers.
- Management of Team Leaders and Programme leads in relation to their performance, time and attendance functions.
- Involvement with funders and potential funders in relation to the services provided and the coordination of all applications for and service level agreements before submission.
- The post holder will liaise directly with other managers in relation to specific and relevant issues.
Core competencies required
Excellent Communication Skills
- Can use language effectively to gather information and facilitate the exchange of ideas
- Well developed writing and presenting skills
- Provide guidance and leadership to others at peer and team levels
- Encourage others positively at a senior level
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- The ability to mentor staff
- Encourage confidence in others and allow freedom to complete tasks
- The ability to negotiate, developing collaborative working relationships and partnerships
- Can enlist the support and cooperation of others and encourage them to be proactive
Ability to maintain professional standards
- An understanding of and knowledge of mental health.
- Knowledge of programme delivery, media, campaign management, communications platforms and message management.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of data usage, data protection and user privacy and the statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of IT systems.
- A third level qualification in Humanities or Management
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Full Driver’s licence with use of your own car
Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. Curriculum Vitae (C.V.’s) will not be accepted. Send your completed Application Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
In the subject field please enter Operations Manager
Application Deadline: 5pm on Friday 31st January 2020
Conditions of Appointment:
All offers of posts are subject to Garda Vetting and completion of HSELand Children First E-learning programme prior to commencement of employment.
NOTE: Due to the anticipated large number of applicants, we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates. We thank you for your interest and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply for the post on offer.