Position: Part time
Location: Celbridge Co. Kildare
Salary: €14 per hour (basic)
Background I’m mid-40s, with a physical disability; I work and lead a very independent life. I am looking for a committed person to assist me with my daily living needs. I am supported by an Independent Living organisation to manage my support service.
- Assistance with personal care and domestic needs
- Assistance to appointments and other such tasks
- Social Activities
Hours: Weekday and weekend hours available. These times are a guide but may be subject to some change.
- Weekdays: 9am – 11/11.30am or 7.30am – 9am depending on the day
- Weekends: 9am – 11/11.30am
- Lunch calls: 2pm – 3.30pm
- Teatime 6pm – 7pm
- Night calls: 9/9.30pm – 10/10.30pm
A combination of the above hours can be agreed with the successful candidate. On some occasions there may be longer shifts available.
- FETAC Level 5 in Health Care or caring industry or equivalent experience
- An understanding of disability and the Independent Living movement
- Sociable and good sense of humour
- Patient handling experience/ qualification essential
- Must be available to attend mandatory training sessions
- Ability to follow instruction
- Some evening, antisocial and weekend hours will be required
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
If interested please email your CV to Joanne Mulligan email@example.com
- Qualifications must be shown at interview. All references on headed paper.
- Completion of Garda Vetting will be required as part of the recruitment process.