Wexford – New Disability Residential Service
Steppingstones Care are currently seeking candidates to manage a new residential disability service in Wexford. The Ideal candidate should have management experience in a similar role and have evidence of execllent knowledge of HIQA standards.
Person In Charge (PIC)
Stepping Stones Care provides specialised residential and respite care to People with intellectual disabilities. We strive to provide individualised care to each client.
Job TitleL Person in Charge (PIC)
Overview of Role
- The PIC carries the responsibility for the day to day running of the centre, and the care delivered to the people and staff residing there. They are responsible for ensuring that the care given meets company policy and procedures, national standards and HIQA regulations. They are responsible for ensuring the house is warm, welcoming, clean and suitable for purpose at all times.
- As a member of Stepping Stones Care management team, the PIC will contribute to the development of strategies, policies, systems related to all aspects of Stepping Stones Care, operations and their implementation.
Purpose of Role
- To provide front line social care to all people receiving Respite care.
- To support in the implementation of Person Centered Plans in line with the individuals needs
- To ensure the overall management of the house through any tasks delegated by the Services Manager/Directors.
The role will be based at the post holder’s delegated house/unit with occasional travel to other locations to meet business needs.
- Communicate –SCW, ASW, House Manager, Services Manager and Directors.
- Support staff in regard to report writing in line with company policy.
Overview of Responsibility
- Assist in delivering effective front line Social Care to all Clients.
- Ensure that all Person Centred plans delivered appropriately to all clients.
- Support Clients who use the service.
- Promote & nurture person centered planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans.
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, report writing etc
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for clients who use the service
- To ensure that the people in our care are well looked after, safe and that their needs are met in a professional manner in order to facilitate maximum potential in line with Stepping Stones mission statement,
- To ensure that all staff are treated with respect, and that their health, safety, well-being is safeguarded during their time at work,
- To ensure that staff receive regular supervision.
- Support, supervise, guide all Key-workers and SCW’s in their deliver of service and completion of written reports.
- To ensure that the house is clean, warm and safe.
- To ensure that the health and safety is up to date and completed accurately.
- To lead a cohesive, focused and effective team in the delivery of a high quality service that complies with all standards and regulations.
- To fully participate in the oncall service, so that staff have at all times access to direct support and guidance.
- When organisational change processes are initiated at senior level, lead the change process at house level to its successful conclusion.
- Ensure that petty-cash is accurate, clear, meeting the needs of the young people and within budget.
- Actively engage in the monitoring process within Stepping Stones care.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with outside professionals.
- Provide written and verbal reports to the appropriate social workers, inspectors.
- Ensure all statutory and standard reports are forwarded to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Notify the Services Manager/Directors of any risks to the company, staff, or children in our care.
- To promote whistle blowing as per the policy.
- To ensure roster is delivered to staff in a timely manner.
- Identify training needs off staff team.
- Organising necessary meetings and arranging cover for same.
- Responsibility for safety and maintenance of assigned facilities to include house and vehicles.
- Assist House Manager or SCW in regard to compiling and presenting reports as required
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to staff and clients.
This list of key duties is not exhaustive.
Other Requirements of Post
- Genuine respect and empathy for diversity and individuality
- Responsible and mature approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to adapt to new environments
- Experience of / with people with additional and/or complex needs
- Enthusiastic, proactive self-motivator who can provide holistic supports of the highest quality.
- Self-driven with proven record of achievement
- Ability to set high personal standards of performance and delivery of desired results
- Stepping Stones Care reserve the right to transfer any staff member to an equivalent post in another location so flexibility is required by the post holder. This may be on a temporary or permanent basis.
- A relevant qualification in Social Care or equivalent – Degree Level 7 – minimum
- Experience of personal support plans
- Flexible and adaptable nature
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Full Clean Driver’s licence
- Prior experience in a similar role
- TCI/CPI/MAPA, SAMM’s, OFA and Manual Handling Training Patient handling & moving
- Experience in a service for individuals with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities and/or Mental Health
Please send CV and cover letter to : email@example.com