SOS Kilkenny clg
Residential Service Manager
Job Title: Residential Service Manager- Person in Charge (Two positions available)
Reporting To: Assistant Director of Services.
Contract Type: Permanent.
Hours/Salary: 39 Hours per week - Shift, evening, weekend and “on- call” hours will be involved in this role.
Salary: Linked to relevant HSE Scales, salary ranges between €50,000 and €55,000 and is dependent upon level of experience.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the residential services in community settings for adults with intellectual disabilities and /or autism.
- Support individuals to live in their own homes in the community.
- Lead and support a staff team including staff supervision and appraisal including, rotas, team meetings, debriefing, and training.
- Delegate work appropriately and ensure that all staff are fully informed, equipped, supported and effective in carrying out their duties.
- Maintain a strong presence that encourages and promotes best practice to fellow staff members.
- Liaise with the Service Management Team, Multi-disciplinary supports and all other functions within the service.
- Plan and develop future services including supports for people with autism in line with best practice.
- The Residential Service Manager will act in the role of Person in Charge for the designated centre(s) and will be responsible for maintaining all HIQA standards.
Performance & Standards:
- Promote appropriate liaison between the people we support, their network of support, family members and other professionals where applicable, to ensure consistent planning and best outcomes.
- Ensure the service objectives are set and reviewed regularly with a view to improving and developing the service.
- Establish, maintain and monitor standards of performance for all aspects of the service appointed to you, including the involvement of and consultation with the people we support.
- Manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture of safety, welfare and quality of life for those supported by the service.
- Ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures, Health Act 2007, New Directions and other applicable standards.
- Ensure that the service meets the agreed requirements of the people we support, getting the balance right in risk assessments between enabling residents to make choices and fulfilling the service duty of care.
- Ensure processes are compliant with The National Standards for Adults with Disabilities.
- Ensure the co-ordination of multidisciplinary supports.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available for quality service provision.
- Maintain regular communication with the individual’s family or network of support through formal and informal means.
- Process and follow up on referrals to the service from HSE, other services and families.
(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties pertaining to the role but is rather a guide).
Education & Experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum of a B.A. in Social Care/Nursing Qualification or the equivalent in a related discipline, and hold a minimum of 3 years Management / Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Have a knowledge of evidence-based practices, methodologies and approaches found to benefit individuals with who we support and be familiar with best practice in the field.
- Have attention to detail, be self-directed, ability to adapt to new situations, display strong service provision standards and communicate effectively both verbally and in written format.
- Strong experience in HIQA inspections is essential.
- Ability to supervise a team covering all aspects of practice.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility, as from time to time additional duties/hours may be required.
- Full drivers licence essential and use of own car.
Interested applicants should email an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.