Beara West Family Resource Centre
Castletownbere, County Cork
Applications are invited for the post of:
Family Support Worker – Full time 35 hours
To work with the Project Co-ordinator to develop and deliver the family support service, so that local families are supported and encouraged to function more effectively and that the local community is a good place for children to grow-up in
The ideal candidate should have: -
- A relevant 3rd level qualification (min level 6) eg Family Support, Community Development or related discipline
- At least 3 years experience, post qualification, of providing family support in a community based setting, including:
- Providing one-to-one family support to parents and families,
- Delivering parent support programmes
- Working collaboratively with community, voluntary and statutory agencies
- Experience in developing programmes and activities in response to identified needs.
- Ability to maintain high quality case records, possess IT, Social media and report writing skills.
- Ability to manage a caseload with complex needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Access to own transport and full clean drivers licence.
This position is funded by Tusla.
This position is subject to Garda Vetting.
This is an equal opportunities employer.
To request further information and an application form, please contact:
The Recruitment Administrator, Unit 1, Knockanroe House, Bank Place, Castletownbere, Co Cork
Tel: 027 70998 Mobile 083 1599748
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Friday 10th January 2020 at 5pm.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form, and by hard copy only.
CVs will not be accepted.