West Cork Travellers invite applications from the Traveller Community for 3 part-time Traveller Community Health Worker positions. This is a Traveller peer led programme, where Travellers engage and work with their own community as part of West Cork Travellers’ Primary Health Care Programme.
- Post 1: Permanent Post: 15 hours per week – Based in Clonakilty
- Post 2: Permanent Post: 15 hours per week – Based in Bantry and Clonakilty
- Post 2: Permanent Post: 15-21 hours per week – Based in Bandon, Macroom & Clonakilty
All posts are subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Salary: €18.06 per hour – qualified rate; €15.30 per hour – supported employment rate.
N.B. For candidates who do not meet the full qualification requirement, the post may be offered at a supported employment salary rate for a period of up to 1 year. On successful completion of the supported employment phase the full salary rate would then apply.
Location of Work: All posts require work in Clonakilty in the main West Cork Travellers Centre & most require regular work in at least one other location as well as other travel on occasion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to working to improve Travellers health
- Enthusiasm, trustworthiness and accountability
- A willingness to train and develop in areas necessary for the role
- Communication skills, basic literacy and organising skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- The ability to be flexible around working hours with advance notice
- A driving licence and access to transport for work purposes
Completed application forms to:
Staff Liaison Group
West Cork Travellers
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 17th January
We expect to hold interviews the week starting Monday 27th January
Contact Evie Finlay, Primary Health Care Programme Manager, on 087 1327585 or email@example.com with any enquiries about the roles.