RUBIZMO Project Officer (Part time) with Irish Rural Link
Irish Rural Link are one of 16 partners across 11 EU countries involved in an EU Horizon 2020 funded Project– RUBIZMO- Replicable Business Models for Modern Rural Economies. This project, which began in May 2018 will run for three years until May 2021, aims to identify the vital ingredients for developing entrepreneurship and successful business models across the sectors of food and agriculture, bio-based value chains and ecosystem services and in turn generate jobs and growth in rural areas.
To achieve this, RUBIZMO will analyse business models from hundreds of previous funded and private enterprise initiatives. By examining the reasons for their success – or failure – in the context of their collaboration and support networks, the project will discover and share the key ingredients to recreate innovative business ideas all over Europe.
The RUBIZMO success factors will be shared with a wide number of rural actors through a set of practical tools supporting collaboration, entrepreneurship and business development in rural communities. In addition, active coaching and peer-to-peer training will be provided to rural entrepreneurs and networks to instigate sustainable business transformation.
Irish Rural Link main role within the project is to deliver training to entrepreneurs, farmers and intermediaries and design and implement a train-the-trainer scheme based on the tools and modules of Rubizmo.
Reporting to: Policy and Communications Officer, Irish Rural Link
Location: Moate, Co. Westmeath
Hours of work: 2.5 days per week
Salary: €17,500 plus travel allowance
Annual Leave: 11 days annual leave
Duration of Job: 17 months – (Duration left on the Project)
- Design and Implementation of a train-the-trainer scheme for multipliers – Design a Train-the-trainer Guideline manual to include the tools designed as part of Rubizmo.
- Delivery of Training – As part of the project, the training of rural entrepreneurs, future entrepreneurs and business/rural development support actors/intermediaries will be carried out. This will commence in January 2020.
- Organising and Delivery of Workshops – A number of workshops as part of the European Rural Development Academy will be delivered. These can include field studies to Business Cases.
- Work Package meetings – Regular meetings via Go-to meeting takes place with partners in each of the Work Packages of the project. The person will be required to attend these meetings as and when they occur.
- National Stakeholder Panel Meetings – As part of the project a National Stakeholder Panel was established in each country. This is a panel of stakeholders from education, Government agencies and individuals involved in rural development. The purpose of the group is to provide advice and feedback on the work of Rubizmo while also disseminate the work of the project with their networks. A number of NSP meetings are held throughout the year and the project assistant will be expected to attend these meetings and assist in the arranging of such meetings.
- Liaise with Business Support and Rural Development Actors – Rubizmo will train intermediaries to extend the use of Rubizmo tools and modules beyond the project consortium and the life of the project. Liaise with intermediaries such as Local Development Companies, Local Enterprise Offices, Education providers so that Rubizmo tools can be an option for these to use as part of their training/courses.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualification in rural development, business/entrepreneurship or
similar discipline to degree or masters level
- Experience of delivering training
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook) or similar
- Excellent planning, project management and organisational skills, evaluation and report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Good team working skills
- Full driving licence with access to own vehicle
- Flexible approach to working schedule including some unsociable hours when required
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience match the requirements of the Job as outlined above. Candidates will be shortlisted for interview
More details about Rubizmo are available on https://rubizmo.eu/
Closing date for applications: 5pm 13th December