Hours of Work: Full-time (39 hours per week)
Reporting To: Manager
Location: Office of Local Link Limerick Clare, Newcastle West
Remuneration: €23,353 per annum plus 6% pension
Under general supervision, the transport dispatcher schedules and dispatches a range of transport services in accordance with needs identified, available resources and in line with standard operating procedures. He/she is also responsible for the inputting, maintenance and submission of the required monitoring data to the National Transport Authority.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Promptly and professionally responds to passenger service requests and, subsequently, schedules transport services to meet the needs of passengers and partner organisations to assure timely and efficient services in line with company policies and procedures.
- Answer customer service telephone, provide general information to current and potential passengers (timetables, public transport service timetables) and determine specific service needs in relation to accessibility and location. Research addresses and verify pick-up and destination information
- Record unmet transport needs and coordinate with Manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Enter passenger information on data base (loading system). Monitor, review, update and maintain the data base regularly or as required. And comply with relevant Data protection policy as prescribed.
- Use a computerised scheduling system such as Remix, ITMS and Transmach GIS Mapping system to input passenger and service information, to plot and design services based on passenger and/or partner organisation need/requirements and to make transit service bookings.
- Assist the Manager with preparation of schedules and passenger information for service providers/drivers based on the strategic planning of service provision and on passenger requests.
- Communicate with transport providers/drivers to discuss passenger logs, passenger requests and scheduling issues. Act as a resource for drivers to discuss safety and other issues arising on a daily basis or as required.
- Trouble shoot problems encountered while providing service and take steps to remedy identified problems and coordinate with manager on problem resolution
- Be responsible for the inputting of required information to the Integrated Transport Management System (ITMS) and assist in compiling and submitting completed and accurate monitoring data to NTA on a monthly basis.
- Monitor the service utilisation
- Represent the company positively and develop and maintain effective and professional relationships with the Board, Manager, staff, other key stakeholders, the media and the general public.
- Aide in the development and review of Strategic Policies
- Ensure audit trail is evident
- Risk Assessment
Essential skills and personal qualities required:
- Dispatch, customer service and communications experience in a transport and customer-focussed environment
- Knowledge of the skills of record management.
- Ability to be courteous and respectful and discrete in providing customer services
- Ability utilise standardised IT packages along with specialised software and programme related systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public
Please complete the attached application form and return it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Post to:-
Local Link Limerick Clare,
1 Market Place,
Closing date: Wednesday 11th December 2019
Local Link Limerick Clare is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.