ST. JOSEPH'S FOUNDATION
Bakers Road, Charleville, Co. Cork
Phone (063) 21671, Fax (063) 81116
St. Joseph's Foundation is a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive services for people with intellectual disabilities. Founded in 1968 the Foundation has grown through continuously responding to the needs of people with intellectual disabilities and their families. The Foundation presently provides early intervention, pre-school, school, adult day services, residential, respite care, elder care and home support in the North Cork and South West Limerick region. We have Day Services and RT Programme locations in Charleville, Mitchelstown, Mallow and Liskennett with residential services in Co Limerick: Ballylanders, Croom, Ballyagran, Bruree, Kilmallock, Dromcollogher and in Co Cork: Charleville, Dromina, Newtownshandrum, Buttevant and Newmarket. Applications are invited for the following post:-
SUPPORT WORKER (32.5 hours per wk.)
Supported Employment is a programme in St. Joseph’s Foundation established to support service users, attending Day Services in a number of locations, to access employment, education and work experience opportunities in the community. The Programme provides ongoing one-to-one support for service users in job finding, job training, job retention and career development. It also supports St. Joseph’s Foundation Green Flag initiative, National Advocacy Services and a number of other activities the community.
Supported Employment is based on the principals of inclusion, diversity in the workforce and equal opportunities.
Reporting to the Job Coach the ideal candidates will have:
- Several years’ experience of working with adults in the field of intellectual disability.
- A keen interest in promoting self-advocacy for service users.
- An understanding of the importance of facilitating individuals to access services in the community
- A full understanding of the New Directions model of inclusion
- An insight into what supports individuals will require when participating in Supported Employment
- A relevant qualification, such QQ1 Level 6 Youth & Community Work, or its equivalent
- A high degree of flexibility, willing to support individuals in a number of locations
Informal enquiries to Ms Sarah Moore, Day Services Manager on 063 89252
- Department of Health Salary Scales Care Assistant ID 1/04/2017 apply.
- A full Irish/EU Driving Licence & Indemnification of the Foundation on your car insurance policy is a requirement of the post.
- Panels of suitably qualified persons may be formed from which further vacancies may be filled.
- Closing date for receipt of an up to date Curriculum Vitae (with no gaps in education & employment history) is December 20th 2019 Please email CV to email@example.com.
- Applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to complete a St Joseph’s Foundation Application Form.
St. Joseph's Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.