Job Title: Horticulturist (Part-Time)
Reporting to: Creative Ability Hub Manager
Terms: 19.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Not So Different is a social enterprise promoting equality and inclusion of neuro-divergent individuals and their families. We work to improve opportunities and outcomes for neuro-diverse individuals through education and employment.
The Role of Horticulturist
- The Horticulturist Caretaker role is a combination of both outdoor and indoor service provision working in a team leadership role.
- The role is to develop and maintain the Not So Different gardening projects including the sites in Coolock, Kilbarrack and Raheny.
- Leading the gardening team to develop and maintain gardens involves working with individuals with neurological diversity to deliver the following services designing, planting, weeding, pruning, clipping hedging, moving lawns.
- Working with the Not So Different team in the areas of woodwork, garden construction and garden design to deliver community based services.
- Facilities and caretaking of the Not So Different garden sites will also form part of the role and responsibility of Horticulturist.
- The role reports to the Creative Ability Hub manager to ensure the smooth running of the sites, to ensure customers receive a professional, friendly and efficient service.
- The role involves the promotion of events in the Not So Different Gardens to ensure the public are aware of all events.
Full Job description is online at www.notsodifferent.ie and also attached below.
To apply for the position
Please send a comprehensive CV and letter of application detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com. When emailing your application, please put job title Horticulturist Caretaker in the subject heading.
Closing date for all applications is 5pm Wednesday 11 December 2019
NOT SO DIFFERENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER