Job Title: Gardening Operative (Part-Time)
Reporting to: Creative Ability Hub Manager
Terms: 19.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Not So Different is a social enterprise promoting equality and inclusion of neuro-divergent individuals and their families. We work to improve opportunities and outcomes for neuro-diverse individuals through education and employment.
The Role of Gardening Operative
- The Gardening Operative role is an outdoor service role working in a as part of the Not So Different Gardening team.
- The role is to maintain the Not So Different Gardening Projects including the sites in Coolock, Kilbarrack and Raheny under the directorship of the horticulturist.
- Working as part of the gardening team to develop and maintain gardens involves working with individuals with neurological diversity to deliver the services such as, planting, weeding, pruning, and clipping hedging, moving lawns.
- Working with the Not So Different team in the areas of woodwork, garden construction and garden design to deliver community based services.
- Facilities and caretaking of the Not So Different garden sites will also form part of the role and responsibility of the gardening operative.
- The role reports to the Horticulturist to ensure the smooth running of the sites, to ensure customers are dealt with in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
Full Job description is online at www.notsodifferent.ie and also attached below.
To apply for the position
Please send a comprehensive CV and letter of application detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing your application, please put job title Gardening Operative in the subject heading.
Closing date for all applications is 5pm Wednesday 11 December 2019
NOT SO DIFFERENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER