Organisation: Irish Province of Loreto Sisters
Job title: Full time position as Healthcare Manager (Monday – Friday)
Location: Based in Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Nursing qualification and registration with NMBI
- At least 3 years experience in a nursing environment, specifically in care of the elderly
- Experience at minimum of CNM2 Grade or equivalent highly desirable.
- Qualification in Gerontology highly desirable.
- Management experience desirable but not essential.
- CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE AND USE OF OWN CAR ESSENTIAL
Reporting relationship: to Province Leader
A 6 month probation period will apply
- To be responsible for the coordination and oversight of clinical care for the community which is based in discrete locations which will require some travel.
- To ensure all aspects of care needs are met, providing health supervision and enlisting the services of GPs, Public Health Nurses and other medical and para-medical services as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of clinical nursing practice, together with a working knowledge of current and future trends in care of older persons.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current legislative policies pertinent to care of older persons, particularly Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy 2014
- Assess nursing care needs and lead on care planning
- Adhere to established policies and procedures of the congregation
- Optimise the quality of each client’s life by meticulous attention to the right to privacy, dignity, autonomy, and choice.
- Liaise with Province Leader, Healthcare Committee, community leaders, community administrators and individual sisters
- Liaise with GPs, PHN, consultants, outpatient services, nursing homes and home care agencies
- Visit communities in Dublin and outside of Dublin to assess individual care needs
- Operate within a clinical governance framework managed acknowledging the patient GP as the primary clinical decision maker in the community setting
- Maintain documentation, records in compliance with the statutory requirements for and data protection and in a manner that integrates with current systems throughout the congregation, and consistent with NMBI professional standards for clinical records
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Effective presentation skills
- Organisation and management skills
- Ability to manage resources efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- A willingness to be flexible in response to changing local or
- congregational needs
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Building and Maintaining relationships
- Demonstrate leadership and change management skills
- Ability to work with colleagues and other professional members of the clinical team
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect.
- Commitment to patient and service safety and providing a quality service
- Demonstrate awareness and respect for the patients’ view in relation to their care
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Ongoing professional development.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: December 9 2019