NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Your opportunity to play a major role in the financial administration of this creative community based organisation in Dublin’s north inner city.
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Lourdes Youth & Community Services (LYCS) is an innovative community development organisation which operates through six programmes of work: Community Training Centre, Childcare, Community Employment, Youth Work, Adult & Development Education Programmes.
Your role will be to lead the finance team and co-ordinate financial administration for the whole organisation. You will work within a Management Team and help to devise, implement and review priorities guided by LYCS strategy and plans which you will be responsible for producing and achieving with staff. Previous financial book-keeping experience essential. The post holder is expected to harness all available resources to achieve the organisation’s aims and targets.
The Board of Directors invites applications from self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individuals for this senior position.
This is a senior position based in our busy office. Prospective candidates will have:
- At least three year’s experience of financial management of an organisation including: Excel, Quick Books, Collsoft, financial account packages including payroll.
- Excellent computer, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum qualification: Accounting Technician (AAT).
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- The ability to work effectively within management and stakeholder requirements.
- Ability to work in a team setting and to carry out book-keeping and to manage and develop the financial operations of LYCS.
- Liaise with funding agencies and Government Departments with regard to their financial requirements.
- Managing the Accounts Payable and Receivable functions.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Preparation of Audit ready files for external and internal audit purposes.
- Preparation of management accounts with Programme Managers.
- Prepare accounting reports for monthly Management Board meetings
- Preparation and maintenance of financial records and accounts, including debtors/creditors, salaries, grants and budgets and others that may be determined from time to time
Salary circa €30,000 and dependent on experience. A Job description is available on request to email@example.com.
Applicants should email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is noon on Tuesday 3rd December 2019. Shortlisting will apply and interviews will be held week beginning 9th December. Late applications will not be considered and canvassing will disqualify.
LYCS is an equal opportunities employer.
LYCS, Lr Sean MacDermott Street, Dublin 1.