NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Full time Outreach Worker
Amber, Kilkenny Women’s Refuge CLG invites applications for the position of an Outreach Worker who will primarily provide Outreach services in Co. Carlow. Amber, Kilkenny Women’s Refuge CLG supports women and children affected by domestic violence by providing emergency refuge accommodation and a range of other support service to improve outcomes for women and children.
The purpose of this post is:
- To work with the management and outreach team to continue to develop a sustainable and comprehensive Outreach service for Amber Kilkenny Women’s Refuge CLG relevant to Co. Carlow and to maintain linkages with other service providers in order to raise awareness of Domestic Violence and the services provided by Amber.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Third level qualification in Social Care, Community Development or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role, haven taken a lead role in outreach service delivery is essential.
- A working knowledge and insight into the issues affecting women and children of domestic abuse and the impact on their physical, emotional and psychological development.
- Experience of working co-operatively with other relevant services, and skills in relationship building and networking.
- Flexibility required to meet service needs.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience of Group Facilitation an advantage.
- Experience of crisis management and experience of working with people who may present with complex needs
- Understanding of risk and needs assessment and of the principles of risk management.
- A full clean driving licence and use of own car is essential for this post.
Letter of application and Curriculum Vitae to:
Lisa Morris (Manager), Amber, Kilkenny Women’s Refuge CLG., Lacken, Dublin Rd., Kilkenny, R95 NY04.
Further information available on request by phone on 056 7771404.
Closing date for receipt of CV applications: 4th of December 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews to take place: Monday the 16th of December 2019.
Short listing will apply.