NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Night Worker for Women’s & Children’s Support Worker
Job Title: Women’s & Children’s Support Worker – Relief (Working Nights)
Responsible To: Service Manager
- Delivery of direct support services to women in Sonas community services team (Outreach, Visiting Support Service and Safe Home) Supported Housing, and/or Refuge services.
- Ensuring best practice in the delivery of services to women in Sonas.
- Ensuring the needs of clients and their children are central to the work of the service.
Location: Blanchardstown Dublin 15.
Must be able to work nights and weekends to apply for this role.
- To ensure that the needs of clients are central to the work of the organisation.
- To work to all Sonas Domestic Violence Charity services practices (quality standards), policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of quality, effective and safe services to clients.
- To carry out needs assessments, risk assessments and develop safety plans/ support plans to address these needs through the use of relevant Sonas tools.
- Ensure progression of clients’ support plan through case management approach.
- To make referrals or support clients in making self-referrals as necessary.
- To advocate for clients when appropriate and by agreement.
- To provide support to clients around safety issues, legal matters in relation to domestic abuse, court accompaniment and housing issues, as appropriate.
- To team-work with the Children’s Support team and other team members to ensure that women and children are provided with an integrated domestic violence service.
- To maintain all records and files according to the agreed standard and prepare reports as required.
- To adhere to Sonas and Tusla policies on child protection.
- To keep informed of developments in the area of domestic violence including new methods of work, changes in policy, legalisation, additional supports etc.
- To liaise effectively with other statutory and voluntary bodies.
- Relevant degree, preferably Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years relevant experience to include a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience of key working vulnerable clients essential
- A clear understanding of domestic abuse, child protection and welfare issues, risk and safety issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong IT skills, comfortable using databases
- Knowledgeable on legal, housing and social welfare issues (particularly in relation to family law and domestic violence orders)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice
- Committed to effective, professional practice
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Experience of working with women and children affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of working with Salesforce database
The above Job Description is a guide to the general range of duties and is neither definitive nor restrictive and will be subject to periodic review.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your interest in Sonas.