NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Loughrea Family & Community Resource Centre CLG
Pigott’s Street, Loughrea, Co. Galway
Applications are invited for the post of:
Community-based Family Support Worker
The Community-based Family Support Worker will work closely with the Project Co-ordinator to help the Centre implement its Work Plan.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant third level qualification – minimum Level 7 (for example, Family Support Practice or Community Development);
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, post qualification, of providing family support in a community-based setting, including experience of:
- organising community events;
- liaising / networking with community, voluntary and statutory agencies;
- delivering programmes, activities and/or services to groups;
- providing one-to-one and group supports directly to parents/families;
- providing information and support to individuals and groups;
- Familiarity with principles of Community Development;
- Proven experience in accessing funding;
- Excellent IT, social media and report writing skills;
- Access to own transport and a full clean driving licence.
This position is 35 hours per week. Salary will not be less than €37,000.
To request further information and an application form please contact the Recruitment Administrator:
Tel: (091) 871149
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is 4.00pm on Thursday December 5th 2019.
Interviews will take place on Friday December 13th 2019.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form. CVs will not be accepted.
This project is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is funded by TUSLA Child and Family Agency.