Aster Family Support is currently seeking to fill a number of Family Support positions within the organisation. These positions include;
- Family Support Worker x 1 in Aster Family Resource Centre Balbriggan.
- Family Support Worker x 2 in Aster Family Support
We are also seeking to set up a panel of suitable candidates for future employment opportunities which may arise. Successful candidates will be required to work across our catchment area and involves the delivery of a number of AFS programmes.
To provide practical support and guidance to families referred to the service under the direction of the CEO or appointed Manager. To engage in the delivery of programmes on behalf of Aster Family Support including traditional home-based & community-based family support activities, parenting programmes, household assist programme, meitheal support, and all other programmes along with any other relevant supports as required by and on behalf of the service.
- A third level qualification – minimum Level 6 (Family Support Practice, Community Development, Social Care, Early Education/Childcare, Youth Work, Social Studies, Addiction, Psychology, Education etc.
- Full clean driving license and access to own car and appropriate insurance.
- These posts are all subject to Garda Clearance.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following experience:
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent report writing and IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The competencies required to carry out the core duties and responsibilities of the position as outlined in the attached Job Description.
- Children’s First Training and awareness
- Familiarity with the Meitheal Process (TUSLA’s National Practice Model)
To request further information and an application form, please contact: Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Monday 18th on November at 12.00pm.
Applicants will be shortlisted and it is expected that interviews will take place the week of the 25th of November 2019. Only interview candidate’s will be contacted by the service with regard to their applications.
Please note; applications will only be accepted on the official application form.
Aster Family Support is an equal opportunities employer.