Post: Community Development Co-ordinator
Location: Inishbofin Island, County Galway, H91 TC6C (The successful applicant will be expected to live on the island)
Employer: Inishbofin Development Company CLG (“IDCL”)
Contract: Full time (35 hours per week) with evening and weekend work, when necessary.
Duration: The position is subject to continued funding by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, which is requested annually.
Salary: €38,000 - €43,000 per annum (dependant upon experience and qualifications).
Inishbofin Development Company works to improve the quality of life, by the development and provision of support and services through the Community Development Office; to address disadvantage, social exclusion and isolation by providing information, advice and facilities as well as improving the socio-economic, economic, educational, infrastructure, environmental, arts, culture, heritage and administrative requirements of the Island.
The Community Development Co-ordinator has a pivotal role in the Development of Inishbofin, in consultation with the Voluntary Board of Directors, Members of the IDCL and the Community.
Essential Competencies And Qualities For The Post
- Three years’ direct experience of Community Development work, (including: grant applications, fundraising, reporting to stakeholders, consultations with local communities, supporting core values of community work);
- Ability to plan and deliver projects, programmes, activities and services at community level;
- Able to work on own initiative, with strong organisational and time management skills;
- An understanding of good corporate governance and statutory obligations of CLG’s;
- Strong social skills; able to engage with the local community (of all ages), the Board of Voluntary Directors and external Agencies;
- Budgeting and financial management experience;
- An excellent team worker and motivator;
- Networking and Advocacy skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and social media platforms;
- Full clean driver’s licence (with access to a mainland vehicle).
- Third-level qualification in Community Development, social science or related discipline;
- Knowledge of TUSLA Children First National Guidance;
- Experience in the support and supervision of staff;
- Experience in Community fundraising.
For further information or to request a job description and application form: phone 091- 500740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed Application Forms should be clearly marked
“For The Attention Of The Chairperson” and either:
Posted to: Inishbofin Development Company CLG, Inishbofin, County Galway, H91 TC6C
Emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date Friday 22 November 2019
Interviews will be held on Inishbofin - Date scheduled for w/e 13 December 2019