Location: Inishbofin Island, County Galway, H91 TC6C (The successful applicant will be expected to live on the island)
Employer: Inishbofin Development Company CLG (“IDCL”)
Contract: Full time (35 hours per week) with evening and weekend work, when necessary.
Duration: The position is subject to continued funding by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, which is requested annually.
Salary: €30,000 - €33,000.00 per annum (dependant upon qualifications and experience).
Inishbofin Development Company works to improve the quality of life, by the development and provision of support and services through the Community Development Office; to address disadvantage, social exclusion and isolation by providing information, advice and facilities as well as improving the socio-economic, economic, educational, infrastructure, environmental, arts, culture, heritage and administrative requirements of the Island.
The Administrator will play an important role in assisting the Development Co-Ordinator in meeting the Community Service and Development needs of the small Island Community.
Essential Competencies And Qualities For The Post
- Experience and ability to maintain an efficient and accurate accounts system (Big Red Book) (to include, preparation of management accounts, invoicing, credit control, bank reconciliations);
- Able to maintain efficient and accurate payroll records (Big Red Book), to include remittances to Revenue Commissioners;
- Able to work on own initiative, with strong organisational and time management skills;
- A welcoming and pleasant manner;
- Strong social skills – ability to engage with the Local Community; answering queries & requests for information;
- Comfortable with general office duties (answering phones, responding to emails, report writing/minute taking, preparing community notices, filing, maintaining diaries);
- Assisting Co-Ordinator in the preparation of grant applications and reporting to stakeholders;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and social media platforms;
- An Accounting Technician qualification or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ experience of paid community development work or 5 years’ voluntary experience in this area;
- Knowledge of TUSLA Children First National Guidance;
- An understanding of good governance policies and procedures;
- Experience in making grant applications, and reporting on successful applications.
For further information or to request a job description and application form: phone 091 500740 or email email@example.com
Completed Application Forms should be clearly marked
“For The Attention Of The Chairperson” and either:
Posted to : Inishbofin Development Company CLG, Inishbofin, County Galway, H91 TC6C
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Friday 22 November 2019
Interviews will be held on Inishbofin - Date scheduled for w/e 13 December 2019