Sharkey Hill Community Centre
Sharkey Hill Community Centre wish to recruit a Family Support Project Worker for 28 hours per week to provide community based, therapeutic in-home family support to families with children under 18 years of age in the Westport / Louisburgh area (using the Mol an Óige model of family support). This post will be based in Sharkey Hill Community Centre, Westport.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised third-level qualification, minimum Level 7, in Applied Social Studies/Social Care, Psychology, Social Work, Teaching or Youth Work or related social area.
- A thorough knowledge of family support and community development is essential.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a related field – to include direct work with children/families.
- An understanding of the needs of those living in the area.
- It is desirable to have knowledge/training/experience in the Mol an Óige Model of family support and Common Sense Parenting programme.
- A general working knowledge of computers.
- Full driver’s license and own transport required.
For an application form, full job specification and job description, please contact Rita Mc Nally, Staff Liaison Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications, by POST to: Rita Mc Nally, Staff Liaison Officer, Westport Civic Offices, Altamont Street, Westport, Co. Mayo is: Friday 15th November @ 4pm. Any applications received after 4pm will be deemed ‘late’ and will not be eligible.
Garda vetting is required for this post.
This post is funded by the Child and Family Agency, Tusla.