Title: Support Worker
Programme: Homeless Services
The Employer Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity. Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Work Schedule: Day Support Worker - 7 day rota (including days, evenings & weekends). Full-time 38.5hr per week
Contracts: Permanent Contract & panelling for future vacancies
Salary: €26’198 – Point 1 (Band B3 )
Location: Family Hub STA, Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3
Reports to: Project Leader/ Deputy Project Leader
Role & Service Purpose:
To provide a service to families experiencing homelessness. Those living with us are placed with the aim of our services assisting them to secure a long term home whilst ensuring all supports and personal attributes required to sustain their home are put in place. We are committed to delivering the highest standard of care possible and working closely with other colleagues in care planning and case management.
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an inclusive approach working with people with complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best outcome for those we work for.
- To engage with and build professional trusting relationships with each family, treating them with dignity and respect, and working within the values of Crosscare
- Provide support to Social Care Workers and Housing Case Workers in all duties to facilitate the smooth operation of a busy residential facility
- Follow reporting policy & procedures regarding Child Protection concerns
- To provide child-minding support to families when required.
- Support colleagues in all duties including resolving conflict, responding to health issues, premise management, taking referrals and daily operational duties
- To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable requests from Deputy Project Leader or Project Leader/Team leader in order to ensure effective working relationships;
- To work in line with Crosscare’s policies and code of conduct, and the standard operational procedures of the service.
- To ensure all records are maintained accurately;
- To assist and contribute to the quality agenda in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in the project
Fire/Health & Safety
- Assist and/or carry out Fire checks as per Fire policy and procedure of residents & building;
- To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project.
- Ensure that common areas both internal and external are kept clean and tidy, promoting a high quality and clean environment for and with residents;
- Maintenance – address minor maintenance issues as they arise, or report larger maintenance issues to project staff
- Participate in regular supervision
- Identify and attend relevant training
- Minimum Level 5 Qualification awarded by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI in a Social Care area, Addiction, Youth Work and/or Healthcare
- Internal candidates on the Current Relief Support Worker panel without a Level 5 or a relevant level 5 but with over 1 year’s experience.
- Clear understanding of Child Protection
- IT Literate and good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Clearly demonstrated client focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience or willingness in working evening/night and/or shift work
- An ability to carry out minor maintenance repairs
Please note applicants must clearly demonstrate the above essential criteria in their application prior to being considered for shortlisting
- Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
Applicants should send their CV & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3.
Closing date for applications will be 27th Oct 2019 and interviews will be held the week of the 4th Nov 2019.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role