SAOL Project is currently recruiting a Head of Services who will also work as our Cocaine Worker
SAOL is an integrated programme of education, rehabilitation, advocacy and childcare. The SAOL Project’s on-going commitment to the women, children and community members of the North Inner City continues to develop, responding to the changing needs of the women who participate in our project with creativity and commitment. SAOL has worked over the last 24 years to promote the needs of female drug users and their children. We have tried to highlight the many extra difficulties that face women who use drugs including the stigma attached to being a mother who uses drugs, fears about the impact drug use might be having on their children but also fears about losing children because of their drug use.
We require a full-time, dynamic, creative and forward-thinking Head of services for the project. We need someone who is committed to trauma informed practice and who promotes the role of the service participant at all levels of the organisation; we also want someone inspired by community education and passionate about feminism.
Application Form for this role is attached below or at www.saolproject.ie/jobs2019
- An understanding and experience of working in the area of addiction.
- A relevant 3rd level addiction related qualification or similar relevant qualification within this field is essential
- Experience in community development - understanding of social disadvantage and equality issues, the drug situation in Dublin or similar and the issues affecting women drug users
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous supervisory and people management experience relevant to the post
- Key working / Case Management experience
- Group facilitation experience
- Experience of leading a reflective practice approach to all work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to work collaboratively with a range of state and community bodies
- Excellent administration skills, including IT skills, CRM system
- Report writing skills
- Understanding of GDPR regulations
Key responsibilities of the post include:
- To work alongside and lead the staff team towards the smooth and efficient running of SAOL’s services
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for staff – both in terms of facilities and work practices
- Implement SAOL’s policies and procedures, specifically health and safety policies and procedures, carrying out relevant risk assessments as required
- Develop and deliver various support groups as appropriate, specifically facilitating Reduce the Use (a structured CBT programme) in both a group and individual setting
- To assist in the development of new programmes to meet the needs of target groups/ individuals attending for cocaine/poly drug use issues
- Keywork and case management for a client caseload, working 1:1 on appropriate areas of their Care Plan
- Facilitate referrals and assessments with clients
- Documenting work carried out in the CRM reporting systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Report writing skills with an ability to prepare reports and funding proposals for a variety of agencies
- Attend all relevant trainings / meetings as required
- To recruit, manage and supervise the volunteers
- To manage and supervise the student placement positions, including liaising with their respective 3rd level lecture / placement tutors
- Liaise with relevant organisations / people to develop opportunities for interagency co-ordination and local activities and initiatives.
- Take part in staff and team meetings within SAOL
- Undertake any required or appropriate professional development trainings
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time by the Director
Salary: HSE Social Worker Team Leader Scale (point depending on experience)
Please forward your completed application form to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 1st November 2019.
Application Form for this role is available at www.saolproject.ie/jobs2019. CVs and covering letters alone are insufficient when applying for this role. Applications not accompanied with completed application form will not be considered.
Garda vetting and references will be sought for this position.
SAOL Project is an equal opportunities employer.