COPE Galway is a registered charity, which provides a range of services to the people of Galway City and County, concentrating on specific responses to the needs of senior citizens, those experiencing homelessness and victims of domestic violence.
We are currently seeking applications for the following positions:
Project Worker(s) – Cold Weather Response
The Cold Weather Response (CWR) is a short term winter time response with the aim of providing night time sleeping accommodation for adults who sleep rough in Galway City over the winter period between November and April. The overall objectives of this project is to try to minimise the risk of harm to people who are rough sleeping due to the cold and inclement weather conditions over the winter period and to work with people in identifying and progressing routes out of rough sleeping and homelessness. The service will operate on the site of the COPE Galway Day Centre for Homeless in Galway City.
This is a fixed term opportunity for a six month period between November 4th 2019 and April 24th 2019 (excluding induction training and project set two weeks prior). The role will involve working evening and waking/live night shifts over the seven days/nights per week and potentially over the Christmas and New Year holiday period.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Education - A good standard of education, preferably in the social care or a related field.
- Experience of working in the area of homelessness and/or working with other marginalised groups.
- Knowledge about and understanding of why people become homeless and the related health, welfare and housing support needs they have.
- Understanding of a broad range of issues including mental health, addictions, relationship and family breakdown, poverty and social exclusion.
- An up to date working knowledge of the social welfare system and the housing assessments and application process.
- A 3rd level qualification in a Social Care Setting or related field.
- Previous experience of working in a hostel for the homeless.
Rate of Pay: €16.13 per hour excluding premiums (premiums include time plus a half midnight to 8am, double time Sunday, and Saturday premium).
Garda Clearance is a requirement for this position.
Applicants can email firstname.lastname@example.org for full job description/person spec and application form.
Please forward completed application forms to email@example.com by the closing date of 17th October 2019 with interviews taking place on 24th October 2019.
For those candidates moving to Galway for these roles we may be able to offer assistance if seeking accommodation in Galway for the duration of the project.
COPE Galway are an equal opportunities employer
COPE Galway, 2-5 Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway