Job Title: Family Hub Night Support Worker
Reports to: Family Hub Team Leader
Job Location: Limerick City
Salary Details: The hourly rate of pay for this position is €13.00 per hour related to qualification and experience. Staff will be rostered for mid-week, weekend nights, and bank holiday hours as per roster.
To work as part of a staff team in Mid West Simon Community Family Hub. Ensuring that services offered by the organisation operate effectively and consistently to best practice standards. The primary responsibility of the Night Support Worker will be to provide effective support for families in the Hub.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist colleagues with family involvement initiatives within the Hub.
- Assist with the coordination of all meaningful activity and social programmes.
- Engage with service users with a person centred approach exhibiting professional boundaries while ensuring values and ethos of Mid-West Simon Community are upheld.
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to in accordance with the organisations policies and raise any health and safety issues with the team leader.
- Contribute to the continuity of service provision in the service, including handovers, diary, incident reports etc.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the service both in rooms as well as general common areas, with client involvement where feasible.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the kitchen is clean and orderly at all times and maintained in line with HACCP standards.
- Ensure laundry systems are efficient.
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of clients is prioritised at all times within services.
- Participate in routine maintenance, cleaning, and health and safety inspections, in line with operational procedures and standards.
- Liaise with other members of the team regarding the running of the service.
- Complete clear, concise records as required.
- Attend house, staff and other meetings as appropriate.
- To undertake any other such duties commensurate with the role that may be assigned by the line manager.
- To maintain all recording systems as directed.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures relating to the project.
- To ensure that all communication and administration policies and procedures are followed.
- To prepare reports as required.
- To attend and participate in training courses as required.
- To identify areas of future training.
Health and Safety
- To act as appointed First Aid person as required.
- To carry out all duties with reasonable care.
- To ensure that designated fire procedures are carried out.
- To address actions arising from Health & Safety Inspections
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification to a minimum of FETAC level 5 e.g. Social Care/Community Care etc.
- 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Subscribe fully to Mid West Simon Community values and mission.
- Experience of record keeping and report writing.
- Health and safety training.
- First Aid Training
- Children First
- Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups will be a distinct advantage.
All applications must be submitted on the Mid West Simon Community application form.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 17th October 2019
All job offers will be subject to Garda vetting.
Mid West Simon Community is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
This project is funded by Limerick City and County Council and operated by Mid-West Simon Community