Macra na Feirme
Title: Skillnet Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Who we are
Macra na Feirme is a vibrant national voluntary organisation for young people between the ages of 17 and 35. The organisation consists of a nationwide network of clubs with six key areas of activity: agriculture, sport, travel, public speaking, performing arts and community involvement. Macra na Feirme is committed to the personal development of members and puts emphasis on social interaction and participation. One of Macra's main aims is to help young farmers get established in farming and assist them through learning and skills development. We achieve this through a variety of training initiatives including our Macra Agricultural Skillnet programme.
Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet
Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet wish to employ a network administrator for a six-month period beginning December 2019. Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet is a core programme of activity within Macra na Feirme. Macra na Feirme prides itself on shared values of Respect, Transparency, Committement, Inclusion, Service, Integrity, Excellence, Comradeship, Volunteering, Democracy and Collaboration.
Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet aims to support a culture of continuous learning in network member companies by providing tailor made training interventions that are enterprise led with network members inputting to the programme design, duration, and certification; as well as location and dates of delivery.
The Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet Administrator is responsible for all aspects of administration in relation to the Macra na Feirme Agricultural network. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, computer skills which include experience in Word, Excel and database applications and exceptional organisational skills. You are the first point of contact between Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet, its members and the public. You will maintain information to the highest standards, such as contact details, participant information, details of training providers and training events. You will be responsible for financial administration and organise training events.
- General administrative support to the manager and steering group of the Skillnet.
- Assist in the planning, organisation and management of delivery schedules for current and future programmes.
- Book, schedule and confirm all training with training vendors.
- Advertise all programmes to company members on weekly/monthly basis. Manage all bookings and changes in a timely & efficient manner. Respond to all phone/email queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the Skillnet online activity management system is updated and maintained with relevant information at all times.
- Ensure Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet website and other related websites are maintained and updated on a weekly basis with schedules, regular updates, news items etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will have excellent computer skills, including experience in Word, Excel and database applications essential.
- Previous administrative experience, including financial administration desirable.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Other skills and abilities, required for the position, include first class communication skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A knowledge of the Ag Food / Farming Industry is desirable but not essential.
Why Join us
- We are a dynamic and energetic youth organisation committed to improving the lives of young people with rural connections.
- You will have the opportunity to work in face paced, outcome orientated workplace.
- You will receive a competitive salary.
- You will be part of a wide community that extends to every corner of Ireland.
- Macra also offers a mix of formal and informal learning opportunities.
The position is part-time (Equivalent of 21 hours per week) initially. Located in Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, the successful candidate would report directly to the Macra na Feirme Agricultural Skillnet Network manager on a day to day basis.
Dependant on skills and experience.
Application and selection process
A two page curriculum vitae along with a one page application cover letter addressed to the Macra Agricultural Skillnet Network Manager, outlining your suitability for the role should be submitted by email to email@example.com not later than 12 noon, on Wednesday, October, 23rd.
Candidates may be shortlisted for interview.
Macra na Feirme is an equal opportunities employer.