Position Title: Homeless Service Manager
Programme: Homeless Services
Locations: City Centre / Dun Laoghaire
Work Schedule: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Services Manager
The job holder will have responsibility for the effective and outcome-focused development, management and delivery of one of Crosscare’s Supported Temporary Accommodation Projects and will work with a team of service manager’s to deliver responsive high quality temporary accommodation to individuals experiencing homelessness.
The job holder will be responsible for the daily operation of services targeting men and women over the age of 18 who are experiencing homelessness with a range of complex needs.
The aim of the service is to move people out of homelessness and into a long term sustainable home.
General Responsibilities include:
- Daily operational management of a Supported Temporary Accommodation Unit.
- Supporting employees within a highly pressurised environment ensuring that they are focused on the aims and objectives of the service and are client focused;
- Facilitating good communication with relevant stakeholders to ensure specified and agreed outcomes are achieved;
- To lead the team in a responsive approach to sector requirements;
- To help create and maintain a safe, caring and stable environment for clients in line with best practice;
- To provide leadership and motivation, conducive to good staff relations;
- To participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure the unit’s compliance with best practice;
- To assist in the compilation and coordination of reports and statistics;
- To participate in an on call system;
- The maintenance and upkeep of the premises, furniture, vehicles and equipment and adherence to local authority fire safety and other standards specified by regulations;
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health and Safety and Welfare at Work Act (1989) and other relevant legislation;
- To ensure that each client receives the highest quality of care in so far as resources allow;
- To ensure that the rights of each client are upheld and respected within the unit and encourage service user feedback and involvement in the project:
- To ensure that a plan is developed and followed for each service user, focused on a pathway to exit homelessness;
- To support and lead staff in a highly pressurized environment, ensuring they work with a service user focus;
- Promote an ethos servant leadership, of best practice, professionalism, accountability and ongoing learning within the Project;
- To manage the designated staff resources, ensuring that staff levels and skills mix are appropriate;
- To manage the staff rota, including the sourcing of relief staff as required to cover staff absences;
- To record staff attendance and absences in accordance with terms and conditions;
- To assist in recruitment, selection and appointment of staff when required;
- To identify training and development requirements for all centre staff and source relevant training programmes;
- To ensure that staff are aware of and implement current policy and procedures within the unit;
- To ensure that all relevant information on new staff /relief is processed and forwarded to HR files and to the Finance administrator prior to the preparation of the payroll;
- To maintain all records relating to clients, including serious incident and complaints files, in a systematic way and in a safe place;
- To read and ‘sign off’ on all documentation relating to service users on a regular basis;
- To ensure that comprehensive records relating to staff including annual leave, hours worked etc. are kept in a safe and private place;
- To maintain a comprehensive record of all expenditure, including petty cash, within the unit;
- To maintain training records for staff including health & safety training;
- To provide written reports on any aspect of the service as requested.
- To be responsible for the management of the budget for the unit in compliance with approved budgetary procedures, and to ensure that optimum benefit is achieved from available resources;
- To ensure that expenditure is controlled within agreed cash limits and in compliance with approved procedures;
- To prepare timesheets for monthly salaries by the 10th of each month and forward them to the accounts/payroll administrator;
- And, any other duties which are deemed reasonable by the Senior Services Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years management experience and a clear understanding of the current issues in this sector.
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational and leadership skills are essential to this role.
- A primary degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant area is essential.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of providing formal supervision as well as practical experience of managing staff is essential to the role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with people experiencing homelessness.
- Full demonstrable knowledge of the sector and relevant policies.
- Ability to implement new project plans as necessary.
- Demonstrate experience of managing and working within budget.
- Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Effective oral, written and IT communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to a servant leadership approach, social justice and equality.
Please submit a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for completed applications will be Monday 21st October 2019 at 1pm.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role