Job Title: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Organisation Name: Parentline
Location: Carmichael House, North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7
Number of Positions: 1
Weekly Working Hours: Part-time, 25 hour working week
Application Closing Date: 30th October 2019
About the Organisation
Parentline is a national helpline for parents. For almost 40 years Parentline has offered confidential support, guidance and information on all aspects of being a parent.
About the Role
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will implement, manage and direct all Parentline’s operations and services in-line with governance, its vision, mission and strategic plan.
The CEO will be responsible for increasing the awareness and understanding of Parentline amongst key audiences. Sourcing and managing resources will be a key element of the position.
As a key member of the Organisation, the CEO will report directly to the Board and will be expected to work closely with it in delivering our vision to improve and enhance the quality of life for parents nationally.
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience in a similar-sized organisation.
- Excellent leadership qualities, clear business acumen and experience of managing people.
- Strong communicator with demonstrable achievements at senior management level.
- Hands-on experience and creativity in Public Relations, social media and other communications tools so as to raise the profile.
- Good understanding of the Governance Code.
- Satisfactory Garda vetting.
- Previous experience of the Not-For-Profit Sector.
- Previous experience of managing people, including volunteers.
- Experience of working and building relationships with statutory bodies.
- Third Level qualification in Management, Marketing, Business, Finance, Resources or relevant discipline.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full job description prior to making your application.