Project Specialist – Research and Evaluation
Full time, CES Belfast
CES now wishes to recruit an experienced Research and Evaluation specialist to join its staff team. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in designing, conducting, analysing and disseminating research and evaluation projects. This is a unique opportunity to apply these skills to a ‘real world’ policy and practice environment where creative thinking and innovation is required and where their work can influence the development of policy and good practice.
The successful candidate will have a background in any one of a number of disciplines including youth, social policy, sociology, psychology, health, justice/youth justice, education, social statistics, programme evaluation or economics. They will be able to apply their research and evaluation skills in a cross-disciplinary context and have a demonstrated ability to apply evidence in real world settings. Expertise in research methods, both quantitative and qualitative, and evaluation is essential.
The position is full time and based in CES Belfast. An attractive remuneration package is offered for this post, commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities for the role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Designing and conducting research and evaluation projects.
- Working in a collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing projects in a cost-effective manner within budgets and in accordance with the Centre’s annual work plan.
- Compliance with all CES policies and standards especially regarding resource management, project management and performance management.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of designing, conducting and disseminating research and evaluation projects.
- Experience of working in, and contributing to, the development of public services in the justice/youth justice, health, social care and/or education sectors in the field of human services.
- Interest in developing and promoting evidence informed and evidence based public services.
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines with a focus on quality results and meeting client and stakeholder needs.
A detailed Role Profile can be found on the careers page of our website: https://www.effectiveservices.org/about/careers
Please apply using the attached application form. Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Laura Ward, Centre for Effective Services, 9 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2.
We regret that we cannot accept applications by CV.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Monday 4th November 2019. Interviews will be held Wednesday 13th November 2019.
Queries should be addressed in confidence to Laura Ward at email@example.com
CES is an equal opportunities employer.