Relief Care Assistants
Lorrequer House provides care for six adults with mild to moderate intellectual disability with no challenging behaviours. We are a community based service and work from a person centred approach. Our ethos is based on community integration and we provide a committed, caring, home-from-home environment.
We are seeking to expand our panel of relief care assistants to cover sick leave and holidays.
Essential Criteria for Applicants:
- An understanding of the needs, experiences and rights of adults with intellectual disability.
- A commitment to helping people to make choices for themselves.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Speak fluent English.
- Good timekeeping.
- Good organisational skills including the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly, including evenings, sleepovers and weekends.
Essential Qualification required:
- Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Social care, care assistance or a related field.
Desirable criteria for applicants:
- Good domestic skills
- Previous experience of work in a social care or related area.
- Up to date Occupational First aid and Manual handling training.
Additional information may be obtained from: Andra Sombati – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Please forward an up to date CV to email@example.com
Any gaps in employment history must be accounted for in your CV.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: Monday, 28th October @ 5 PM.
Lorrequer House is an equal opportunities employer.