A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Care Worker for Kilkenny Supported Accommodation
Permanent, 23 hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Understand the principles of care and how to put them into practice.
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Physical and Sensory Disability, Epilepsy and Mental Health.
- Full Clean Driving license.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Help to support service users with personal hygiene by information and prompting
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description and to apply please click here: https://rehab.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/7850
Closing Date: Tuesday, 22nd October 2019.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer