NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Fundraising Manager - Maternity Cover
Reference No: FMMCER0919
Location: East Region
Duration: Specified Purpose- Maternity Cover (6 months +)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Monday 23rd September 2019
Closing Date: 4pm Monday 14th October 2019
Expected Start Date: Between 18th and 25th November 2019
This is a maternity cover role. The prime purpose of the role is to develop and implement a Fundraising Plan for the East Region, ensuring effective fundraising and communications strategies within the parameters of the National Fundraising Strategy.
This role will:
- secure funds for the Regional Council across a range of income streams including existing channels, individual donors, corporate fundraising, partnership development, trusts and foundations with a Regional focus, fundraising events and legacies/bequests.
- support Area Councils, Special Works and Conferences in the Region in their existing fundraising activities and to encourage and facilitate new fundraising initiatives to maximise their potential.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years proven experience as a fundraiser in the not for profit sector
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing fundraising initiatives using a variety of fundraising techniques.
- Experience of working directly with donors in a stewardship or relationship building role is required.
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- Good knowledge of the dynamics of fundraising in the not for profit sector
- Ability to work in an environment where performance is measured against specific targets
- High level of initiative is required with energy, determination and resilience when faced with barriers
- Ability to innovate and work on own initiative
- Good computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with and motivate volunteers
- Good donor management skills
- Full current driving licence
- Be honest and trustworthy and respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer