Organisation: Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services
Job Title: Child and Young Person’s Development and Support Worker
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services is seeking a suitably qualified professional for the role of Child and Young Person’s Development and Support Worker.
The main duties of this person include:
- To develop and implement individual development and support plans for children in refuge and children in the community accessing the support of the organisation based on identified and assessed needs. These plans would require interagency working.
- To provide one to one and small group supports to children and young people affected by DV where a need is identified
- To deliver evidence based developmental programmes that build confidence and resiliance in children and young people affected by DV in age appropriate settings
- To evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the work carried out, using relevant evalution tools for work with children and young people
- To ensure that all of the children’s development and support programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes are inclusive of the voice of parents, children and young people
- To manage and deliver the provision of childcare and open play for children in refuge and in the community for women linked into the organisation who are engaging in supports
- To co-ordinate and integrate children and young people’s supports within the organisation working to ensure a streamlined and effective programme and response is implemented across the organisation, including in the area of child protection
- To promote the children and young people’s services and programme in the community, to external agencies and groups through engagement with a range of stakeholders
- To record and document the work of the programme with children ensuring good record keeping practices are in place in line with the work of the organisation, its policies and practices
- To participate in staff meetings, training and undertake any other duties requested by the organisation including policy work, campaigning and training
- To act at all times within the, ethos, policies and practices of Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services
Number of Hours 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, will include some evening/weekend work.
Fixed Term Contract: 1-year November 2019 to November 2020
The application is by application form only (see attached). Completed forms can be sent for the attention of the Manager to email@example.com. Closing Date is 5pm on Monday 14th October. Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th of October and it is expected that candidates called for interview will be available on that date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is envisaged that this position will begin on the 25th of November 2019
Please note any offer of a position is subject to Garda Clearance.
Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer