NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for Relief Care Worker’s to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Care Worker for Ennis Children’s Residential Service, Ennis, Clare
Fixed Term Contract –30 hours weekly, 12 months
Interviews to take place on 26th September 2019
To facilitate a service user focused service to children with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management
- Work experience not essential but would be an advantage
- Skills and Knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Down Syndrome
- Full Clean Driving license is essential
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote the physical wellbeing of each person and report any changes to the Manager. To participate in creating a nurturing, safe and supportive environment for the person and to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of the person at all times. Actively participate in appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programmes within the house and in the community ensuring best practice in line with up to date research.
- Help to support service users with personal hygiene by information and prompting
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page - http://www.rehab.ie/careers/
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer