Are you an ambitious professional and want to develop your career within a supportive and dynamic organisation? At Dublin Simon Community we now have an opportunity for you to join us as Quality lead- Clinical services. You will work closely with the Clinical Director and Head of Treatment to ensure the quality and safety framework in place is reviewed, monitored and improved through collaboration with all key stakeholders.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are working proactively to help resolve the biggest societal crisis of our time-homelessness. Our innovative services are all focused on making home a reality for our clients. We value community, excellence, innovation, respect and integrity and we incorporate these values into each service for our clients. While we provide supported temporary accommodation, we also provide a range of holistic services such as homeless prevention, medium to long term housing, addiction treatment, primary healthcare and other targeted interventions. Our employees are our strongest asset and we have been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 7 years due to utilising the best Human Resource Management practices to demonstrate how much our employees are valued.
- Working in a professional role and environment, core responsibilities include:
- Oversee progress towards self assessment against NSBHS/NQSF standards for treatment services.
- Understands the requirements for service compliance with clinical governance, Health and safety, risk management, infection prevention and control, Medication management, and hygiene standards.
- Implement clinical audit programme, quality improvement plans monitoring of compliance and recommendations for corrective actions. Ensure that the process includes staff participation in the processes.
- Lead the management o Clinical incidents including medication incidents, outcome analysis of incidents, corrective actions, recommendations for policy review, systems analysis for investigations arising and feedback to teams.
- Review policies and procedures with respect to clinical risk assessment, clinical KPI’s, risk register, service risks.
- Oversee a framework for prevention and control of healthcare acquired infections.
- Actively encourage and support clinicians in meaningful audit and research. Develop research opportunities in line with a 3rd level institution.
- Monitor external relevant research and its impact on service delivery and client needs.
- Review internal data and trends to identify blocks/gaps to effective evidence based clinical pathways for clients and make recommendations based on analysis of these.
- Oversight of internal clinical research schedule
- Monitor evidence based practice in service delivery n the area of homeless adults in addiction treatment settings and make recommendations for practice change.
- Review peer research programme and make recommendations for its development.
- Facilitation of client forums in each service, follow up on outputs from the forum, dissemination of minutes, utilise complaints and feedback mechanisms and ensure client input to service delivery and design.
- Implement recommendations and Quality improvement plans based on the client experience surveys.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and operate effectively with multiple competing priorities.
- Chair and manage outputs from Clinical governance Steering Group
- Effective programme planning with an emphasis on Quality and Safety and client led initiatives.
- Interest and passion in being part of an organisation for change towards delivery of better client outcomes.
What You Need
- Third level qualification in a relevant field e.g. Health Care Risk management/Quality Safety/Quality Management or similar.
- Working knowledge of Governance for Quality &Safety Agenda.
- Knowledge of relevant government policies, legislation relating to homelessness, health and addiction issues including Health and Safety, HIQA standards, GDPR.
What You Will Receive
- Supportive colleagues & management team
- Dynamic & diverse work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Clear progression Opportunities
Location: Dublin City
What To Do Now
If you are interested, please apply on the link on this page
Please note that we reserve the right to offer the position to a successful candidate prior to the deadline of receipt of applications and we advise that you apply early.
Dublin Simon Community does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies for this position. Any unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies will not be considered and may result in Dublin Simon Community not engaging with that recruitment agency in the future.
Application due date: 22/09/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800