Energy Transition Development Coordinator
We’rehiring! Help our communities lead the Energy Transition in Tipperary. We’re seeking a motivated Development Coordinator to help us develop locally owned energy in our communities, and maximise the benefits to local residents. Attractive and flexible work package. Full jobdescription available on request from email@example.com Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative CLG (ECTC) invites applications from suitable candidates for a 9 month fixed term role, with the possibility of an extension to 2 years, subject funding.
Energy Communities Tipperary Cooperative CLG (ECTC) is a not-for-profit company, whose vision is to mobilise communities in Tipperary and surrounding areas, to create local employment and community benefit through reducing their carbon footprint and generating community-owned energy. ECTC’s directors are drawn from a network of voluntary community groups including Birdhill Tidy Towns Group, Drombane/Upperchurch Energy Team, Kilcommon/Rearcross/Hollyford Energy Team, Lorrha/Rathcabbin Energy Group, Slieve Felim Energy Team (Cappamore) and Terryglass. Since 2014, members of the group have overseen a number of successful projects under SEAI’s Better Energy Communities Scheme, Sustainable Energy Communities Scheme and Deep Retrofit Scheme. ECTC won the SEAI Best Community at the 2017 SEAI Energy Awards. More details on ECTC can be found on our website www.EnergyCommunitiesTipp.ie. ECTC is also a founder member of CommunityPower Ireland, the countries first community-owned energy utility company.
In September 2018, ECTC drafted a document titled: "Developing ECTC and member communities to lead the community energy transition in Ireland" This document outlined a number of high-level areas of need in ECTC’s development, including:
- Need for more support to the local community energy teams
- Need for support for ECTC board and directors
- Need to build a base of supporters for ECTC’s work on the energy transition, including its work to develop CRES/Community Power, as part of the INTERREG programme.
- Need to develop generation and other activities, and identify other EU and national funding sources
In April 2019, ECTC held a Strategic Planning Session. At a follow-up board meeting, it was decided to recruit a Development Coordinator to assist in achieving a number of agreed goals.
JOB DESCRIPTION (summary)
The Candidate will working to achieve the following high level goals on behalf of the board:
Build internal capacity
- Identify, engage with, and recruit new energy communities, to get involved in ECTC and potential candidates for ECTC’s board.
- Provide support to ECTC’s board and subcommittees.
Develop Renewable Generation Investment Opportunities
- Develop ECTC’s role as a founder member of Community Power Ireland and sign up new households and community organisations and businesses.
- Support ECTC in identifying and developing community energy generation opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics;
- Experience in dealing with local communities, rural voluntary groups and community energy.
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of the Energy Transition and issues of Energy Democracy
- Proven track record in Sales and Marketing or Community Development or Community Energy related role.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Some management experience in energy-related initiatives a plus.
- Ability to travel with a full clean driver’s license.
For a full Job Description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Application to be submitted as follows:
- CV of Lead Applicant including details of relevant qualifications, skills, experience, and two referees
- One page cover and motivation letter.
- Applications to be sent by email with subject marked “ECTC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION” to email@example.com, by Friday September 27th 2019.
- Short-listing will apply. Candidates must be available for interview either in person or by Skype. Reasonable Travel Expenses will be reimbursed.
- The salary of this position will be commensurate with experience. Jobsharing may also be considered.
- This is a fixed-term contract until June 2020, with the possibility of an extension beyond this date depending on funding. Place of Work: Nenagh, Tipperary, with flexibility on location and home working.