Applications are invited for
Direct Support Workers
Full & Part Time
North & South Dublin
St. Michael's House is a community based organisation committed to providing a quality person centred service and high standard of living to people with an intellectual disability in the greater Dublin area. St. Michael’s House is committed to providing individualised supports to people so that they can enjoy experiences, opportunities and lifestyles similar to their peers.
We are presently recruiting for various full time and part time Direct Support Workers roles in our services based throughout North Dublin and South Dublin.
The job involves supporting people with an Intellectual disability to engage in an individualised community based programme.
This position will provide exciting opportunities for the successful candidate to develop their career by providing personal support services for people with intellectual disabilities. The core values of this service will be person centeredness, community inclusion and active participation with a strong emphasis on quality.
The successful Direct Support Worker candidate must have the following:
- Intellectual Disability Practice (5M1761)
- Community Health Services (5M4468)
- Health Service Skills (5M3782)
- Healthcare Support (5M4339)
- Community Care (5M2786)
- Nursing Studies (5M4349)
Essential Experience Required:
- Possess a strong commitment to the provision of a quality individualized service.
- Have experience of promoting community inclusion and active participation.
- Have excellent communication skills and be committed to working as part of a team.
- Experience of supporting people in training, personal development, community and leisure activities.
- Have a full clean drivers license.
- Have experience Supporting Individuals in the area of supported employment
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with September 2019 HSE revised consolidated Care Assistant pay scale point 1; €26,763 – point 15; €39,110 per annum based on working a 39 hour week.
Should you have no prior public sector experience you will be placed on point 1 of the pay-scale above.
Closing date extended: 30th September 2019.
To apply: Email a cover Letter and C.V. including written explanation for any gaps in employment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference number in the subject line of the email. Please include a valid email address as this is the way you will contact.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please note that a panel will be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
St. Michael's House is an equal opportunities employer.