NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
COPE Galway Domestic Abuse Service – working to ensure women and children can live safely in a home of their own
We are currently seeking applications for the position of:
Full Time Domestic Abuse Support Worker – Maternity Leave Cover
This role provides a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of women and children living with abuse, and to shape how our community and society view and address abuse in the family.
Waterside House provides temporary, safe accommodation for women and their children experiencing domestic abuse, with the Service supporting women from Galway city & county who both live in and who do not. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Waterside provides comprehensive and holistic care. The purpose of this post is to add to this dedicated team of professionals, over a period of maternity leave.
The overall aim of Waterside House is to prioritise the safety and welfare of the client group.
The aims of the Service are:
- To encourage each woman to determine her own future
- To offer support and information to any woman who requires it
- To recognise and care for the emotional needs of children
- To raise awareness in the community of domestic violence and its root causes
If you have experience in working in a Domestic Abuse service (minimum two years), a relevant qualification and a commitment to our mission, then we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ability to advocate effectively for women and in the context of a gendered analysis of domestic violence
- An ability to maintain positive relations with clients, colleagues, students, volunteers, and other professional agencies
- An ability to be organised in ones approach to work, to follow through with tasks and to maintain records
- An ability to work pro-actively and reflectively to ensure best practice in all areas of service delivery
- An ability to work in a stressful environment and to work effectively within an environment involving shift work
- Strong ICT skills
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week, aggregated over a defined period, and composed of a variety of shifts, day, night and weekend, subject to change
Contract: Fixed term specific purpose contract - Maternity Cover
A detailed Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form are available from the Human Resources Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed Applications should be submitted by email only before 5pm on Monday, September 16th, 2019. Interviews will be conducted with short listed candidates on Tuesday, September 24th 2019.
This position is subject to Garda Vetting.
COPE Galway are an equal opportunities employer.