POSITION Addiction Practitioner
Employer: Addiction Response Crumlin Ltd
Position: DSP Community Employment Supervisor (Addiction Practitioner)
Weekly hours: 39 hours weekly Monday to Friday
Pay scale: Point one of the DSP CE supervisor scale €33,260.00- - point 4 €33,260.00- €40,170.00
Qualifications Required: A relevant 3rd level 7 qualification in addiction or social care
Experience: 3 years Paid managerial experience in a relevant field. Experience of engaging at community level. An awareness of a range of addiction treatment models.
To develop, deliver and evaluate support services within the rehabilitation recovery programmes, to respond to the issues that service users are experiencing due to their substance misuse.
Assist service users to achieve and maintain recovery, develop positive coping skills, education skills and the ability to re-integrate in to mainstream education or employment
The post holder shall carry out his/her duties under the line management of the Managing Director.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To facilitate, in a professional and objective manner referrals, assessments and care plans for individuals accessing the service
- Create and develop links with other key agencies to support the progression pathway of service users
- To fully engage in the work of the team and to take up training opportunities offered by the Organisation.
- Facilitating the induction of full and part time CE workers in order to ensure the proficient delivery of the service and to be a key participant in the induction and ongoing training of part time staff members.
- To provide focused one to one supports to help service users and identify needs and to equip them to become more self-reliant.
- To promote healthy life skills/life styles in the target group
- To provide a safe and non-judgemental environment
- Developing and facilitating a wide range of therapeutic groups all of which will be reviewed regularly.
- Performing tasks related to the day to day running of rehabilitations recovery programmes
- Preparing reports, statistics and other information as required by Addiction Response Crumlin to adhere to good record keeping guidelines. Use of salesforce data base, internal case management and Internal IT Systems and carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
- Provide written reports to the line manager.
- Attend staff meetings and other relevant project meetings and contribute to the overall development of ARC.
- Keep the database and all written records of work/interventions/minutes of all meetings and strategies updated.
- Using the logic model as a planning and reporting tool
- Experience using the individual learner plan (ILP) system
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / APTITUDES
- An understanding of working with Substance mis-users, with particular emphasis on supporting people through change.
- An understanding of Community Employment programmes is essential,
- An understanding of, and an ability to objectively carry out individual needs assessment and developing and facilitating care plans.
- Knowledge of QQI education programmes.
- The ability to act upon own initiative within the context of professional boundaries and accountability.
- Experience of and competence in working with both active and stabilized service users with substance misuse.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Ability to manage crisis intervention and challenging behavior in a competent and professional manner
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- Keep accurate records of relevant programme activities.
- Participate in ongoing planning and evaluation
- To assist in the development and implementation of ongoing evaluation processes which uses an outcome monitoring system i.e. logic model planning sheet.
- To keep statistics and case studies as a support to evaluation.
- To keep records and information on all aspects of the programme.
- Ensure all service user files and records reflect Arc’s confidentially and data protection policies
Please forward a Covering Letter with a Current Curriculum Vitae and fill in Application Form and e-mail all (3) documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org 
All applications to reach us by close of business at 1pm on Friday 27th September’2019.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of the service.
This project is funded by the DSP
Addiction Response Crumlin is an equal opportunities employer