Mayfield CTC provides vocational and life skills training to early school leavers. Our courses are designed to enhance the learner’s potential to learn new skills and achieve relevant certification necessary for progression into employment, further training or continued education. This role responds to learner needs through the provision of a variety of flexible training options which ultimately supports their move into the workplace or another learning environment.
The Mayfield CTC Board invites applications from enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals for the Permanent Position with a Probationary Period of 6 months.
Sports / Recreation Instructor
Applicants should possess:
- A formal Qualification in Sports and Recreation of at least QQI Level 6
- A recognised qualification in Training & Education at a minimum of QQI Level 6.
- Experience of working with young people.
- The ability to integrate I.T. based learning, pedagogical skills and approaches.
- Excellent administration skills.
- A learner-centered approach to the work.
- The ability to provide guidance to new and emerging learners.
- The ability to work effectively with CTC staff, learners, external partners, employers and others as appropriate to support learner progression.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- An awareness of QQI awards and the National Framework of Qualifications for CTCs.
- A working knowledge of the key state agencies who work with early school leavers.
The starting salary associated with the post is €31,652
Mayfield Community Training Centre offers an excellent package including the opportunity for training and development for the successful candidate. A Job description is available on request.
Applications, to include a covering letter with C.V., should be marked private and confidential and returned to the General Manager, Mayfield Community Training Centre, Unit 1A, Mayfield Industrial Estate, Mayfield, Co. Cork or via email to: email@example.com
Mayfield CTC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such the organisation is committed to equality of opportunity in all its recruitment practices. It will ensure that no job applicant will receive less favourable treatment. All potential candidates will be selected on the basis of their abilities and merits only and according to the requirements of the job.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 30th of September at 9.30am. Late applications will not be considered.
Interviews are expected to be held on week commencing the 7th of October.
Due to current obligations to comply with legislation offers of employment are made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and references.