NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Saint John of God Community Services Liffey Services supports individuals with intellectual disabilities to be active participants within the community that they live. St John of God Liffey Services invites applications for the position of Social Care Workers based in the Dublin South-West and Kildare area to provide support to individuals with an intellectual disability.
Social Care Workers - Residential & Respite Services
Permanent Full Time / Specified / Relief Post
Suitably qualified candidates must have a recognised qualification as follows:
- Relevant Level 7 degree - A Diploma in Social Care/Diploma in Applied Social Studies/Social Care
- RNID qualification or other relevant health care qualifications
Suitable candidates must have:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with individuals with an Intellectual Disability.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Standards & other relevant legislative requirements under the Health Act 2007.
- Proven track record in initiative, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Commitment to delivering service through a person centred/directed approach. Knowledge and/or experience of the keyworker role and the use of smart goals.
- Show an understanding of meeting the health & social care needs of residents in a community based setting.
- Programme Development / Skills Teaching.
- Risk Management/Risk Assessments experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent IT skills and use of online systems
- Full clean driving licence essential and willingness to drive all service vehicles.
- Flexible in all aspects of work, available to work night duties, day duties and sleep overs and an ability to work cohesively within a team and as alone worker.
- An understanding of the values and ethos of the organisation and a commitment to implementing these.
By applying to this position you giving Saint John of God Community CLg. consent to have your personal data stored for the purpose of this competition only.
Please forward a covering letter and CV (including written explanation for any gaps in employment), to: Human Resources Department, Saint John of God Community Services Liffey Services, St Raphael’s, Celbridge, Co. Kildare or by email to LiffeyServicesRecruitment@sjog.ie. (Please include the post reference number in the subject line of your application). Applications will be short-listed on the information supplied in the Curriculum Vitae.
Full Job Description available from: LiffeyServicesRecruitment@sjog.ie
Closing date: 18th September 2019
Informal enquiries to Grainne Ridge, Programme Manager, Residential Services on 014686423
Please note that due to high volumes of applications we can only respond to candidates who have been shortlisted.
Saint John of God Community Services Clg is an equal opportunities employer.