NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Receptionist and Health & Safety Officer
The Foundation for Investing in Communities
(Incorporating Business in the Community Ireland and the Community Foundation for Ireland)
Based in Phibsborough, Dublin 7
Part time: 22.5 hours per week (Monday to Wednesday)
Salary range: €23,512 to €29,390
Start date: Specific purpose contract (21/10/2019 to 24/12/2019)
Business in the Community Ireland (BITCI) - www.bitc.ie - is the network for responsible and sustainable business. We believe that business is a key driver in the transition to a low carbon economy and to meaningful social inclusion. We advise close to 100 of the most progressive companies and engage business to engage in social inclusion programmes.
The Community Foundation (CFI) – www.communityfoundation.ie - believes in the power of philanthropy to deliver just and progressive social change. We empower people who want to make a difference through a model of philanthropy that is based on trust, effectiveness and impact.
Both BITCI and CFI have shared services which include Finance and HR and collectively have 70 employees with a combination of full and part-time, office and remote based talented and engaged staff.
To develop, deliver and maintain a friendly, efficient reception/administration as well as ensuring the consistent application of organisational health and safety practices.
- To provide a professional, efficient reception service
- To ensure that the position has a quality ethos in every aspect of its operation.
- Promote Health, Safety & Security of Self & Others
- To contribute to the promotion of health, safety and security of your workplace.
- Plan Effectively.
- To contribute to effective planning and delivery to ensure effective use of time and resources to meet objectives.
- Use Resources Efficiently
- Provide secretarial and administration support to the CEO and the teams
- Promote Effective People Management
- To positively prepare for, and contribute to, your supervision and appraisal.
- Develop Self.
- To maintain stationery, publications and office supplies levels.
- Maintenance of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Systems.
- Ensure that the computer system is backed up on a daily basis.
- Facilities Management.
- Promote Team Work
- To contribute to effective team working as part of the Foundation.
- Communicate Effectively
- To liaise effectively with colleagues, other teams and external bodies in conjunction with your manager.
- Promote Equal Opportunities
- To actively promote equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practice, diversity, individual rights and choice in all aspects of your work.
- Carry out other duties as required which are consistent with the job.
A detailed job description will be provided to the successful candidate.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Qualification in occupational health and safety
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Energetic and takes initiative.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Meets deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise.
- Great interpersonal skills.
Applicants should be legally entitled to work in the EU
Please e-mail CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Friday 20th September 2019.
Interviews will take place on 1st October 2019 in our Offices in Phibsborough, Dublin 7.
The Foundation for Investing in Communities is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development to all staff.
The Foundation for Investing in Communities has a policy of interviewing candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.