NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Location: La Verna Day Care Centre, Baldoyle, Dublin 13
Terms: 20 hours per week 10am-3pm Monday to Thursday
Job Purpose: Providing care to clients by giving, developing, monitoring, and evaluating care.
- Care Skills Providing delivery of quality, compassionate and appropriate care by carrying out person-centred client care requirements; reporting all care, concerns and progress towards desired care outcome to the nurse manager; identifying concerns and issues relating to client plan of care; reviewing progress with clients in conjunction with the nurse manager. Act in accordance with policy, procedure and legal requirements; (FECTAC level 5 or equivalent in Care Skills caring for older person, manual handling training, CPR/ First responder/ basic life support training)
- Activities/social care Recognise that social isolation and loneliness are major contributors to poor health in older people. Be enthusiastic, outgoing and able to chat to clients in a friendly, fun and inclusive manner, recognising the various difficulties some clients may have due to dementia or communication disabilities. Assist/ lead a varied activity programme appropriate to the client group abilities and interests.
- Communication Skills Meeting patient and their families to ascertain client care needs, routines and transfer requirements under the direction of the nurse manager. Reporting staff and performance concerns to the manager. Providing care improvement recommendations and suggestions. Working as part of a team, maintaining communication with all staff regarding deviation from or changes to the client care plan. Shows initiative and can work independently.
- Infection control Follow policies and procedures to prevent the spread of diseases and illnesses amongst self, colleagues, and clients. (Needs hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu jab)
- Confidentiality Maintaining patient confidentiality and respecting the rights of patients.
- Education Continuing professional development educational opportunities and expanding knowledge by attending professional workshops and training; reviewing provided nursing care journal publications pertinent to evidence based practice; familiarising oneself with new practices.
- Fetac Level 5 in Care of the Elderly or other relevant course
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar setting
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business Friday 20th September 2019