We the People, Dublin’s most exciting PR agency, is recruiting for a paid internship position.
Operating on the intersection of Activism, Art and Storytelling, We the People is a specialist communications consultancy providing strategic and practical communications support for advocacy, fundraising, behaviour & attitude change and public information campaigns.
We the People believes in communications for good. We believe in the power of communications as a force for positive change in Ireland. We believe professional communications services should be within reach of the many, not just the few.
We the People is a collective of highly creative individuals working in various communications disciplines bound by a commitment to ensure our work has a powerfully strong social impact. We only work with projects that contribute positively to society.
The company is now expanding and is looking for an intern to join the team based in our central Dublin offices. The terms of the internship are flexible with a requirement of between 3 to 5 days per week and a start date of early September. The length of the internship is between 3 to 6 months, and for strong candidates there are career progression opportunities. We are looking for candidates from diverse backgrounds, particularly People of Colour, LGBTI+ and from other minorities.
- Excellent written skills
- Hungry appetite for daily news
- Intuitive knowledge of multiple social media platforms
- Some knowledge of professional social media tools
- Passion for politics and public policy
- Strong nose for a story
- Attention to detail
- Be able to organise tasks and deadlines
- Excellent and speedy proofreading skills
- Ability to research complex policy concisely and quickly
- Interest in popular culture and public trends
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Political and policy analysis
- Daily news briefings
- Proofreading documents
- Preparing monitoring and evaluating reports on campaign performance
- Writing press releases
- Interviewing and writing case studies of real people
- Assist in digital marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. managing Facebook Ad accounts etc)
- Speaking to media about client stories; case studies, news, features and events
- Assisting the media with queries about clients both digitally and at events
- Creating task-lists with deadlines from communications with clients
- Above average starting salary
- Comprehensive professional training programme of 6 professional training courses per year
- On-the-job continuous professional development
- Mentorship from the Managing Director
- Exposure to wider team of multi-disciplinary experts in all areas of communications & marketing
Please send a short note explaining why you’d like to join us and your CV to email@example.com