NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Providing a network of education, training, employment, respite and community living supports to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Tenancy Support Role – Dublin South East Services
(Permanent Full Time Instructor Role)
We are looking for someone to join the City Gate team, providing supports to adults with a mild to moderate intellectual disability and/or adults with a Mental Health related support need, (or a combination of both )living independently in the community. This positon offers the opportunity to work in an environment supporting and encouraging individuals in their personal and professional development.
This role operates typically from Monday to Friday, with working hours mainly from 9am to 5pm. Some evening and weekend support will be required. There would also be a requirement to be on-call for the service.
Applicants should have:
- A minimum Fetac level 6 Qualification e.g. Housing Studies/ Community Studies/ Social Care / Training /Education etc. A specific qualification in the area of Housing is advantageous.
- Experience of working with people who have an intellectual disability/ complex needs.
- Experience in the delivery of Person Centred Planning and an understanding of positive behaviour supports
- Experience facilitating people with independent living, community integration, human rights and advocacy.
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of housing, social welfare entitlements, mental health is advantageous
- Experience in liaising with other agencies building professional relationships, both voluntary and statutory ensuring good communication.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations, standards and legislation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including computer literacy.
- Innovative, resourcefulness and flexibility are all necessary skills for this role
- A full clean driving license.
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role please forward your Curriculum Vitae by email only to DSErecruitment@sjog.ie Quoting REF: 2019citygate
Informal Queries to Natalie Sheils, Manager, 087 6175000
Shortlisting will apply
Closing date Tuesday 17th September 2019
Saint John of God Community Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer
Hospitality - Compassion – Respect- Excellence- Justice