NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Support Worker: Lifelong learning team (35 hours per week, full time)
Dublin South City Partnership (DSCP) is a local development company delivering the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP II) across parts of Dublin 8, 12, 6, 6W & 4.
Job Role: A Support Worker with the DSCP Lifelong Learning team is required to develop innovative programmes to engage adults in lifelong learning activities.
Key Responsibilities (will include some of the following)
- To work as part of a team in delivering the work programme under Goal 2 of SICAP II
- To support the delivery of community based adult education programmes, using community development approaches.
- To develop innovative responses to engaging with people who are experiencing education disadvantage
- To provide one to one support and guidance to adults with regard to career progression and lifelong learning opportunities.
- To prepare personal action plans with participants.
- To liaise with schools, colleges, CDETB, state agencies and community groups in the delivery of the SICAP II work programme
- As appropriate, to initiate and assist in the submission of funding proposals
- To prepare, as requested, reports and records for funders, the company and other organisations.
- To work cooperatively with other staff, board and committees in meeting the objective of the SICAP programme
- To undertake other relevant duties as required
- A qualification in adult education, adult guidance, social sciences, education/ training or a related field is essential
- Significant prior experience in the provision of support to: adult education initiatives and one to one support to adults
- Innovative and dynamic individual who has an ability to create new opportunities for engaging communities in learning.
- Experience in working with women and doing outreach work is desirable, but not essential.
- An understanding of SICAP programme and its requirements.
- An ability to work collaboratively with a range of state and community bodies
- Knowledge of and ability to operate the required CRM reporting systems (e.g. IRIS)
- Excellent report writing skills with an ability to prepare reports and funding proposals for a variety of agencies
- Knowledge of local development and the changing local development landscape
- Strong IT skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a capacity to work with a range of individuals and agencies
- A flexible approach in the work place with a capacity to work outside normal office hours
- Ability to work as part of a team
The lifelong learning support worker reports to and is supervised by the Goal 2 Lifelong Learning Manager.
The salary for this position will be based on the DSCP project worker scale and will be dependent on the level of experience of the candidate. The post is full-time (35 hours per week).
The contract will commence in October until 31 December 2019. The contract for this position may be extended, subject to the availability of funding.
Please email Lucy Harrington, firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the application form.
Applications including a covering letter and completed application form should be sent by email only to: Una Lowry, email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 18th September. Interviews will be held Wednesday 25th September
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply. Canvassing will disqualify.
Dublin South City Partnership is an equal opportunities employer