NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Sophia is a national organisation, which provides a range of accommodation and support to people who are out of home. Our headquarters are based in Dublin 8.
We aim to provide safe and innovative projects for vulnerable families and individuals which will enable them to make a positive difference in their lives.
In this creative environment we now have the following employment opportunity:
Shift Support Worker – Sophia Donabate
Sophia Donabate provides short term supported accommodation to families and individuals who are homeless.
The successful candidate will work on a shift rota with families and individuals living in Sophia accommodation. He/she will support the core team on the daily running of the project; this includes contact with service users alongside practical office administration. The role will include facilitating group work, routines in the home and property management among other duties.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A degree in a social care or related discipline i.e. addiction, social work, psychology
- Experience working with this client group
- An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
- Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and addiction
- Knowledge around advocating to landlords on behalf of service users
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
To apply for this position please forward a CV and cover letter to Miriam Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm on Monday the 16th of September 2019.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting.
This post is funded by the Dublin Regional Homeless Executive