A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Community Support Worker for Galway Community Support Services, Co Galway
Permanent, 22.5 hours
To assist in the delivery of individualized community support to a number of individuals with intellectual, physical and mental health challenges. Supporting individuals to be valued members of their local communities. Supporting individuals to optimize their emotional, social, occupational and learning experiences, through programmes offered within the service and the community.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience in the area of supporting individuals with behaviours that challenge.
- Track record of supporting individuals to identify and experience meaningful experiences in their local community
- Knowledge and experience of local community resources is highly desirable
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community.
- To ensure best practice in line with up to date research regarding Quality of Life improvements.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- To ensure all interaction with service users is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- Full Clean Driving Licence is required
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Community Services Manager
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please and to apply please click here: https://rehab.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/7622
Closing Date: Friday, 20th September 2019.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer